• Public Speaking
Since graduating from the University of Georgia in 2010, I have continued to participate in a variety of speaking engagements that allow me to share my industry experience with other young professionals and directly impact their career development. I recently joined Toastmasters, Inc., and embrace all future opportunities to address a captive audience.
Listed below are a few recent speaking engagements I have participated in:
- Feb 2012 – “Georgia Collegiate Leadership Conference 2012” (GCLC) – hosted by UGA’s Leadership Resource Team – Led a 45-minute engaging Q&A session on how to leverage social media tools for success as a student leader on a college campus.
- Feb 2011 – “Georgia Collegiate Leadership Conference 2011,” hosted by UGA’s LRT - Led a 45-minute workshop on the place of social networking within the professional world. Topics discussed: social media etiquette, do’s and don’ts, professional branding, privacy and the job hunt.
- Oct 2010 – “Guest Development Session,” hosted by LRT - Invited to lecture about new media. Topics discussed: appropriate usage of social media as a tool for campus organizations, student leaders and aspiring professionals.
- Nov 2010 – “PRofessional CONNECTION 2010,” hosted by UGA PRSSA - Panelist for discussion about “The First Six Months After Graduation.” Topics discussed: new media, the field of PR, personal and professional branding.
- Nov 2010 - “Social Networking 101,” hosted by LRT – Panelist for discussion on social networking in the workplace. Topics discussed: professional etiquette, information-sharing, and how the usage of social media can positively or negatively impact the job search
I am comfortable lecturing and leading group discussions on a wide variety of topics, including the following:
- The field of Public Relations
- Networking like a Pro
- How Traditional PR Fits in an Increasingly Contemporary Field
- Ethics and PR
- Understanding the “Customer Service” Mentality
- New Media
- The Rules of Social Media Etiquette
- Proven Strategies to Monetize Corporate Social Media Efforts
- Finding a Job Using Professional Networking Platforms
- How to Fully Utilize Mobile Platforms
- Writing and Business Communication
- Proven Techniques That Will Make Your Writing More Effective
- The Art of the Follow-Up
- How to Dramatically Improve Your Press Releases
- Adjusting to the Real World (from college)
- Designing & Optimizing Personal Websites for Professional Branding
- Making the transition from college to the work world
If you’d like to book me to speak at your event, contact me. Above I’ve listed a few topics that I have lectured on in the past, but feel free to branch out as well.
You’ve checked out my work. Now get in touch with me.